The MTX-Router-Titan II, MTX-Router-Titan and MTX-Router-Titan mini devices are prepared to manage a Maxbotix distance sensor with an RS232 output. For example, we can send the measured distance periodically to a web platform, send an SMS alert when the distance is longer or shorter than a predetermined value, or even change a relay when the distance falls outside a particular range (for this, take a look at the section Other >> Relay).
A typical application could be a grain or cement silo where the Maxbotix distance sensor (using ultrasound) sends the measurements periodically.
- Enabled: activate this option if we have a Maxbotix distance sensor with RS232 port connected to a serial port
- Serial Port: select the MTX-Router-Titan II, MTX-Router-Titan or MTX-Router-Titan mini device’s serial port where the Maxbotix distance sensor is connected
- Interval: if we wish to send distance readings periodically to our webserver, we can specify here the period (in minutes)
- Logger: if we wish to use the internal logger to store distance data (to later send this to a web platform), we need to select this option. This option should not be selected if we only want to send an SMS alert when the distance is outside preset margins
- Alarms enabled: select this option if we want to activate the alarms when the distance is outside margins
- Max Distance: the maximum distance before which an alarm is sent due to long distance
- Text alarm on (max): text for the alarm to be sent when the distance is considered to be long
- Text alarm off (max): text for the alarm to be sent when the long distance alert is deactivated
- Min Distance: minimum distance before which an alarm is sent due to short distance
- Text alarm on (min): text for the alarm to be sent when the distance is considered to be short
- Text alarm off (min): text for the alarm to be sent when the short distance alert is deactivated
- Phone number 1: first telephone number where the SMS alarms are to be sent
- Phone number 2: second telephone number where the SMS alarms are to be sent
- Phone number 3: third telephone number where the SMS alarms are to be sent
- Current distance: indicates the current temperature in real time if a Maxbotix distance sensor is connected
- Once the configuration is finished, click “SAVE CONFIG” to save the changes. Remember that the router should be restarted for the changes to take effect.
- Sample format of the JSON string sent:
– IMEI: the router’s ID number. Unique for each device
– TS: time stamp DD:MM:YYYY HH:MM:SS
– TYPE: type of string. In this case it is distance
– P: the logger’s ID field (External Devices > Logger configuration)
– DIS: distance read